John Paul DeJoria, From Homeless To Billionaire

John Paul DeJoria (Self-Made Billionaire and Philanthropist, Co-Founder of Paul Mitchell and The Patrón Spirits Company) on being homeless: “When I was homeless the first time, it was in my early 20’s. My wife just couldn’t handle being a mother anymore, so she left our two and a half year old son in my arms and took off with all the money we had. I soon learned that she hadn’t paid rent for the last three months, so with no money and being three months past due on rent, we were evicted. I was in between jobs, so my son and I were on the streets with no money coming in and attempting to live in an old car I owned at the time. I remember saying to my son, ‘We’re going to get through this together.’ I went around to vacant lots and picked up Coke bottles and 7-Up bottles, because in those days you got two cents for a little one and five cents for a big one. When you’re broke and you can’t pay the bills, those are some of the most difficult times as a man and as a father. But what I learned was that when you’re really down and out and you’re at the very bottom, all you can do is look up.”


As difficult as John Paul’s circumstances were, he possessed an advantage that many others in much better circumstances lack: He had a vision for his life! He was determined to start his own company and after selling encyclopedias door-to-door for three years, he knew he didn’t want to work for someone else and that he could make it on his own. – Million Success Habits

Well done, my friend! You’ve made it to the end… so what do you think? Did any of these inspirational life stories help you shift your thinking? I know they did for me. Actually, the one about the carpenter made had me crying like a baby! Anyhooo, if there’s a short inspirational story that you’d like to share with our community, please do not hesitate to post it below in the comment section. I may add it to this list if enough people comment on it.
Again, thanks for taking the time to read these stories. It means the world to me 🙂
Rob

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best of all,am loving this

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like your story,hoping to see more

    ReplyDelete